Friday, December 20, 2013

Hope

Well, training has come and gone and we're back to waiting. I'm hoping with the holiday crush escalating to a fever pitch, I'm still hoping for that call anytime. Hope is a powerful thing. Not only does it adorn thousands of products that will be promptly returned to a Christian bookstore after Christmas, but it is the greatest coping mechanism out there. I've been hoping for years that my big break in comics will come just by merit of personality. I like to pencil and ink, what else is there to it, right? Here's to hoping that I can remember how to operate a powered palette jack, because the only memories I have of using such a tool involve disaster. Then again, the other stockers I was working with at the time had even less finesse with the cumbersome truck. I can't tell you how many times I would see over a ton of stock teetering and tearing through the protective plastic and hurdle to the floor. I can still see the El Paso mix fiasco as if it were yesterday. Well, if there is no call at least I can check the website at noon to see if I'm at least on the schedule next week. See....hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment