Monday, December 16, 2013

Waiting

Still waiting on that call from the grocery store and wonder how a conglomerate grows to that size with such terrible communication skills. Sure it beats going out into the city and pounding the pavement. Remembering the pink slip each and every time I have to put down the address of previous employers and just wondering how things would have been different if I still had that job. I don't miss coming in to a disaster daily. Trash would always be at the back door (and the bags not tied), dishes would be stacked on the floor and most of the time whoever cleared off what few tables were done would not even bother to put the garbage in the can. However, I was able to listen to whatever I wanted to in the back, no matter how profane. The wifi was nice as well and insured that streaming radio stations would come in on occasion. I suppose the job would have been fine if busing weren't heaped onto my lap. I am not a social creature and glean no joy from having to clean up after people for the same wage I was making. The management used to cover their ass by stating that I made more than the others. But 1.50 over minimum wage for somebody who was 30, had real expenses, 14 years of experience, and did most of the manual labor around the place is pathetic. Then Corporate bought the place, promised the world, installed 16 video cameras, and sent in the goon squad every two weeks for impromptu inspections. So, I suppose I'll keep waiting  for this call.

No comments:

Post a Comment